We will be meeting in-person at Denver Marriott West. Please read the details below as we made some adjustments to meet the Social Distancing criteria.
*** Please RSVP for this meeting by 5 pm on November 6 ***
Luncheon – Thursday, November 12, 11:15am – 1:00pm
Denver Marriott West – 1717 Denver West Marriott Blvd, Golden, CO 80401
Cost: ABA Member $20.00, includes meal (Non-member is $25)
Speaker: Cliff Moers, director of the Colorado Commission for the Deaf, Hard of Hearing, and DeafBlind
Topic: “The Long Deaf View”
5-Minute Spotlight & Door Prize: Sanjay Tyagi, Schooley Mitchell
IMPORTANT – NEW INFORMATION – please read:
- This is a pre-paid only meeting. Please register by 5pm on November 6. If you register late and we exceeded the capped number, you may be asked to move your registration to next month.
- By registering and paying for this meeting you agree to the following:
– I will wear mask and will adhere to the social distancing recommendations from CDPHE to respect others.
– I agree to not attend this meeting, even though I registered and paid in advance, if I am not feeling well, show any sign of illness, or know that I may have recently exposed.
- If you are a member, you must be logged into your account by clicking on the yellow “Member Login” button on the right to get a member pricing. If you are a sponsor and are using your meeting voucher, please login to apply your voucher.
- Guests are welcome! If you are new to ABA, we’ll even buy your lunch for the first time. Guests may visit our meetings up to 2 times before they join the ABA (Must purchase ticket the 2nd time for $25). All guests must be pre-registered and no walk-ins are allowed.
- The deadline to RSVP for meetings is 5pm on Friday before the meeting date. If you RSVP after that time, we can not guarantee your seat.
- If a member (includes sponsor with vouchers) shows up without RSVP, they will be turned away due to COVID-19 precautions.
Speaker – Cliff Moers, director of the Colorado Commission for the Deaf, Hard of Hearing, and DeafBlind
Cliff Moers, director of the Colorado Commission for the Deaf, Hard of Hearing, and DeafBlind holds a Master’s degree from Regis University in Management with an emphasis in organizational development and human resources. He has been involved in numerous community organizations, committees, task forces, councils, and boards, including four years as president of the Colorado Association of the Deaf (CAD). Cliff is the founder of the Rocky Mountain Deaf School, a bilingual Jefferson County Charter School for students in the metro Denver area. His professional background includes student services at the University of Colorado at Boulder and coordination of auxiliary services at Communication Service for the Deaf/Sign Language Associates. He has also served as an employment specialist/consultant for the Center for People with Disabilities in Boulder and ran a family-owned business, Deaf-initely Possible Resources.
5-Minute Spotlight – Sanjay Tyagi, Schooley Mitchell
Sanjay holds Master’s degrees in Engineering and Business Administration. He settled down in Colorado 21 years back with his family. His hobbies include woodworking and flying. He volunteers as a search-and-rescue pilot with Civil Air Patrol.”