The Wheat Ridge Business District (WRBD) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that offers matching funds to commercial businesses in the City of Wheat Ridge in order to improve the appearance of individual buildings, as well as the overall look of the city.
Most eligible improvements must be to areas visible from the public right-of-way or for public accessibility. The goal of this program is to leverage private improvements while making revitalization efforts affordable, creative, and community-based.
Grant categories include:
- Up to $3,750 for sign improvements
- Up to $6,000 for conversion of pole signs to monument signs
- Up to $7,500 for facade improvements
- Up to $2,500 for architectural/design assistance
- Up to $6,000 towards a completed accessibility project
- Up to $3,000 towards a Visual Impact Special Project that increase curb appeal
- Up to $900 for a landscaping project
Up to $600 for exterior painting project supplies